Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ergon small dia grips and bar ends.

The Ergon grips made all the difference in the world.  Once the stock bell and shifter were out of the way, these grips, in size small, enabled me to get a secure grip on the bars between the first two fingers and thumb, while giving a nice comfy platform for my palms.  I adjusted the rotational angle of the grips such that, with my padded gloves on, I felt secure and supported while not feeling like my hands were going to slip forward over the bars.  It took a while to get this angle exactly right.

The bar ends helped greatly when climbing out of the saddle. While I normally would opt for traditional MTB bar ends to get me farther forward over the stem, they would have increased the folded size of the bike.  These are a good compromise.  They are full size and are covered in sticky rubber so they are easy to get a confident grip on.

No comments:

Post a Comment